Kyoto/Tokyo/Taiwan Travel lens with new A6500

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gingerpod New Member • Posts: 5
Kyoto/Tokyo/Taiwan Travel lens with new A6500

Jumping from Canon, I pulled the trigger and bought a new A6500 for my upcoming trip. Now is the choice for buying lens. To travel light, I am going to allow myself to bring only 2 lenses. Anymore than that would be a burden.

After reading so many threads on the forums, I am pretty convinced that I need a wide-angle lens for the temples and landscape in Japan. I am looking at Sony 10-18mm lens for this. I know the other popular option is the Rokinon 12mm. But I still prefer zoom and AF.

To pair with the wide angle lens, now I am torn between a zoom lens for the midrange focal length and prime lens. I want some all-round lens for street photography yet at the same time, I would like to have some bokeh when I am photographing my taiwan night market street food. I might have to sacrifice either if I find a good solution. These are my current options:

Zeiss 1670mm f4 - Heard its a great all round lens, but $$ and its f/4. I wonder about bokeh and night photography for this.

Sony Kit 1650mm - Good bang for buck.

Sony 35mm f1.8 - Good for night and bokeh! But I am worried about the the focal length, if the photo appear too tight and I might have to keep moving back. I used canon 50mm f1.8 before, and I found it too long for my liking.

Sony 24mm f1.8 - Raving reviews but price point out of my reach.

I am open to other options, so do kindly advise me, Thanks!

gingerpod's gear list:gingerpod's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow