Kyoto/Tokyo/Taiwan Travel lens with new A6500

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gingerpod New Member • Posts: 4
Kyoto/Tokyo/Taiwan Travel lens with new A6500

Jumping from Canon, I pulled the trigger and bought a new A6500 for my upcoming trip. Now is the choice for buying lens. To travel light, I am going to allow myself to bring only 2 lenses. Anymore than that would be a burden.

After reading so many threads on the forums, I am pretty convinced that I need a wide-angle lens for the temples and landscape in Japan. I am looking at Sony 10-18mm lens for this. I know the other popular option is the Rokinon 12mm. But I still prefer zoom and AF.

To pair with the wide angle lens, now I am torn between a zoom lens for the midrange focal length and prime lens. I want some all-round lens for street photography yet at the same time, I would like to have some bokeh when I am photographing my taiwan night market street food. I might have to sacrifice either if I find a good solution. These are my current options:

Zeiss 1670mm f4 - Heard its a great all round lens, but $$ and its f/4. I wonder about bokeh and night photography for this.

Sony Kit 1650mm - Good bang for buck.

Sony 35mm f1.8 - Good for night and bokeh! But I am worried about the the focal length, if the photo appear too tight and I might have to keep moving back. I used canon 50mm f1.8 before, and I found it too long for my liking.

Sony 24mm f1.8 - Raving reviews but price point out of my reach.

I am open to other options, so do kindly advise me, Thanks!

gingerpod's gear list:gingerpod's gear list
Sony a6500
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow