Focus Problem With Manual Lense on D5500

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
WryCuda Senior Member • Posts: 5,933
Re: Focus Problem With Manual Lense on D5500

AmilaRoshan wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

The problem isn't caused by the camera being DX. I've used both the 50mm f/1.8G and 85mm f/1.8G on my D3200 and D7100 without problems. These lenses will work slightly better on a camera such as the D810, but it certainly won't be chalk and cheese.

I'd give the 85mm a good test before bailing out and getting the D7xxx.

Did you sort out the problem with the 50mm f/1.4D?

I Didnt Buy That 50mm Lens. I Thought of Buying D7200 Because it Has "AF Fine Tune".

I Dont Think I Need Those Charts Because Almost Every Photos are Front Focused.

I Searched So Many Photos on The Internet Which Were Taken With My Gears. I Could See Some Focus Issues.

I'm sure that there's no generic problem with your particular combination. It's either mis-calibration or user error (at f/1.8 there's very little margin for error).

You may be better off with the D7200. There's a host of features besides AF-FT that you might find useful.

Using "those charts" is one method of performing AF-FT; adjust the setting while taking a series of careful shots and choose the optimum. You'll find that some of the alternative methods are clumsy, hard to perform, or inconclusive.

Don't get too carried away with front focus and back focus; what you need is accurate focus.

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow