Sony A9.. wakeup call to Nikon?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Rickinaus Junior Member • Posts: 25
Nikon sales dip

While the Pros and those with super deep pockets will continue to buy Nikon (or canon) gear for now, until Sony Pro lenses are released and the A9 is thoroughly tested and thrashed, I suspect many enthusiast photographers will take pause and perhaps for the first time start contemplating a change of platform.

If I think I would look at moving away from Nikon in a year or two from now, I would not be putting down large coin on an F Mount lens over the next several months. Or body upgrade. And now that Sony mirrorless appears capable of matching DSLR's in 'hardcore' SLR territory, or getting very close to it? -I am no longer confident spending more money investing in their system.

What if Sony announce a 500 f4 next month? Or an adaptor that does not affect aperture and AF performance in 2 months time?

So Nikon, you have perhaps 6 months grace before more of us start placing Nails in that DSLR coffin.

Rickinaus's gear list:Rickinaus's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon D5500 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow