Nikon D7200 actual buffer size

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Haytham New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon D7200 actual buffer size

Good day all,

My D7200 with the highly recommended SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB (SDXC UHS-I) card that I just purchased gives me only 10 frames as a buffer when I half-click the shutter button (r10).

ISO 100, all enhancement functions are off, and loseless compressed 14 bit RAW.

I checked the manual, the official Nikon USA site, and the most reputable hands-on review sites and they all report r18 for the same configuration.

I found one thread here on dp indicates that the r18 was a misleading figure mentioned in the manual and that the actual is lower than that.

I tried two old cards (class 4 and class 6) and they both give almost the same readings (r9 and r 10 respectively)

My question is:

Am I missing anything here? for those who own the camera, what is the max buffer size you have and in what settings?

Could this be really a mistakenly stated figure from Nikon that is still on their official website till today? And actully I made my purchase according to this figure? or there is something wrong with my camera that needs to be fixed promptly since it is still under warrenty?

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow