D300s lower resolution than previously

Started 6 days ago | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Big Lar Senior Member • Posts: 1,068
D300s lower resolution than previously

My aging D300s has been my go-to camera for years with good reason.  Lately, however, it seems like detail is lacking/resolution is poorer.

I noticed it recently when taking strong telephoto shots of small birds at a feeder.  (250mm @ 25ft)  In the past my shots have been very sharp.....the latest ones blur the fine details of the feathers.   I've tried 2 different, well proven lenses.

I tried setting a yardstick at an angle to see where focus point actually is and it was inconclusive.  Focus distance seems to be close but none of the numbers on yardstick are tack sharp.....and this on a solid  tripod and using timed release.

I'm unsure of sensor cleaning.  I keep it clear of dust/debris and there are no spots showing in sky views, but is it possible there may be a layer of something accumulated on the sensor requiring more thorough cleaning ??

Other suggestions ??     Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Larry Bourne
Airplane Builder; Fish Chaser; Desert Rat; Hummingbird Hunter; WSSA #23; MAA

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow