T1 or T20 as second body to aT2? I have the answer.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jadot
jadot Regular Member • Posts: 270
T1 or T20 as second body to aT2? I have the answer.

I've recently been shooting a T2 and a T1 side by side. I'm a wedding photographer, and I usually carry two bodies and a couple of primes.

I don't need two T2s , but I do want the same sensor on both cameras, so I decided to buy a T20 to replace the T1.

The main thing I wanted was the sensor, but the thing(s) I was not so keen about was the smaller viewfinder, lack of grip, and some ergonomics.

I needn't have worried - the T20 is the better compliment and second camera to the T2. It's also a quality upgrade coming from the T1 in almost every way, but especially in IQ. In fact, it has some advantages over the T2 in some situations - it's smaller, almost point and shoot, and a lot of fun. Takes itself less seriously [than the T2] perhaps.

If, like me, you're wondering about the merits of keeping the T1 over getting one of the latest x series cameras with the new sensor, you don't need to worry about the potential category downgrade The X-T20 might appear to be. To me and the way I shoot it's simply the better camera of the two, without question.

if you had the choice beteeen the T20 and the T2 you should get the T2.

But getting that sensor in a small, robust, fun little camera for a lot less than the T2 shouldn't be ignored.

Not when it's this good.

-- hide signature --

examples of my photography at www.alexanderleaman.com

jadot's gear list:jadot's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Fujifilm X-T20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow