Anybody bought the new T7i/800D?

Started Apr 7, 2017 | Discussions thread
RSCPA Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: Anybody bought the new T7i/800D?

Digirame wrote:

Thanks for sharing with us your photos. I like the one at ISO1600, considering it was taken in semi-darkness. My guess is that the low light performance and image quality will probably be near the Canon 7D2 or 80D when DxOMark finally gives us their sensor test results.

You're very welcome.

I also believe that the T71/77D bodies will prove to be right up there with the 80D in terms of photo quality.

These smaller cameras have got some pretty decent features in them like the 45 point auto-focus. I realize it doesn't have some of the features that many folks desire, like lens micro adjustments and a nicer viewfinder.  Those are acceptable trade-offs for me. The only problems I've ever had with focus accuracy was with some third party lenses, which I returned all but one. I've only used micro-adjustment with my 70D on a Tamron 90mm macro lens that I kept which was front focusing pretty badly. Fortunately, I've never noticed any problem with focusing with any of my Canon lenses.

I see that DP Review has just put up their very own review of the 77D.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-77d-review

RSCPA's gear list:RSCPA's gear list
Nikon D5500 Canon EOS Rebel T7i Nikon D7500 Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow