Just bought a new camera D5600 and a bit dissapointed

Started Apr 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
notpc Senior Member • Posts: 1,180
Re: No

Slimzy wrote:

Strange,, ive never tried to focus on the top strawberry.. I will do more testing. Maybe I miss touched the point of focus.. But its re assuring that you say thay are ok.

Hmmm.  It's only OK if the sharply focused part of the image matches the focus point you chose when you took the photo.  Otherwise it suggests that it's not focusing properly.  When I said they looked fine I meant the ones where they were sharp in the center, and I had assumed that's where you focused.

So far, Ive learn (quicky) that it is indeed alot more difficult to get everything in focus (wondering what apperture to use for landscapes now..)..

In typical distant scenic landscapes, depth of field is MUCH wider because you're focusing of things that are much farther away.  f/5.6 or f/8 (wherever the lens is sharpest) should be fine for distant scenes.  The stuff you're doing in these tests is much harder with focus and depth of field.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow