D500 Advice

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
CAlanS Regular Member • Posts: 216
Re: D500 Advice

PaulJS1964 wrote:

I really appreciate all of your input and thoughts. When I originally bought my D200, stepping up from a D50, it was to shoot my kids sports, trips,ect. As I got into photography and digital editing, I really haven't known any other camera. Now that my kids are grown, it will be mostly used for travel, street photography and those days that I hop in the car, sling it over my shoulder and go exploring. I just booked a trip to Iceland late in the summer and figure it's time for a new camera.
There is a definite comfort level with the Nikon controls, settings, etc. My D200 has been a great all around camera. It's taken a beating in places like Alaska. I love being able to isolate the subject and blur the background on people and street images and that hasn't been easy to do on a crop sensor with not that fast lenses. Moving to full frame would mean starting over with lenses, etc., equipment that's a little bit bigger and spending a lot more money. $2,500 is a doable upgrade but I'm just a little nervous that I'm buying a camera that might not be the best option.

Go with the D500.  You are not need driven, you are fun driven.  It will do everything you do now better and a bunch you haven't mentioned.  You'll be smiling every time you pick it up.

Luck

CAlanS's gear list:CAlanS's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon D600 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow