Recommend a flash for Canon T6i

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Labmom60
Labmom60 OP Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: Recommend a flash for Canon T6i

txsizzler wrote:

If I were the OP, I would look at buying a used or refurb'd Canon flash. Not much more than the off brands (sometimes alot cheaper). For example, I bought two 430EX II's for under $100 total, and a 580EX for $40. All were in excellent to like-new condition.

This advice is especially useful given the OP is new to photography, and may just want to tinker with different things. Wilba does have a good point though, about buying right the first time, so as not to have to do purchase expenditures multiple times. That's why I recommend buying used or refurb'd initially; the OP can always resell for nearly the same amount as they bought the used genuine Canon Flash if they want something better down the road.

If it's tripods we are discussing, ALWAYS buy something that will hold up the camera correctly (at least 3-4x the rated weight). You definitely do not want your camera to eat it, due to a cheapie tripod.

Thank you.  I appreciate all the information.  I have no problem buying refurbished or used.  I've been looking on EBay, I'd like to find a flash for under $100.  Most of my photography is landscapes, travel, street, pets, animals, flowers, I don't know how much it will get used, maybe more then I think?

My tripod is a Slik U6600, not sure how good it is, but it's never been used. But I'm looking for a mini tripod to take next time to Walt Disney World for the fireworks, but I'm not sure if tripods are allowed in the parks.

Labmom60's gear list:Labmom60's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow