Out!

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NAwlins Contrarian Senior Member • Posts: 1,154
Out!

In response to garykohs's thread "Safe!", I have to say, "Out!"

These were taken with my A580 and Tamron SP 70-300mm USD. They area SOOC JPEGs, with the metering settings a bit biased to preserve highlights and therefore generally under-expose a bit.

It's a coach-pitch league, but the boy playing the defensive pitcher position has just fielded the ball.

Third baseman James runs to cover the bag as the pitcher readies the throw.

Just before the throw.

The ball is in the air, albeit on too high a trajectory to be in the frame. James is almost on the bag.

James has his foot on the bag and awaits the ball. The A580 has shifted focus from the pitcher to James.

The ball hits James's glove as the batter runs toward first base. Coach V. looks happy with the developing play.

The runner forced from second appears as James secures the ball for a force-out. And his right shoe appears to be untied.

P.S.

Yes, I realize about James's shoes. It is hard enough to keep that growing boy in shoes, and Fall soccer and Fall baseball either overlapped or at least abutted.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Nikon Coolpix S30 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow