A6500 screen brightness in video mode

Started Apr 19, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeff11 Junior Member • Posts: 34
A6500 screen brightness in video mode

There is probably a simple answer to this... but I have been through all the menus and can't figure it out.

I used the A6000 for a year and never had this issue... just started with the A6500 a couple months ago and can't figure out how to fix this...

When shooting video, the lcd screen goes so dark that i can barely see it in outdoor light.  When taking regular pictures it is fine.  I have tried AUTO brighness mode... I have tried manual mode at full brightness... but nothing changes it.  The image if perfect when idle... but as soon as I press the video button and it starts recording, the image goes much darker.  I am in auto mode, so exposure is being done automatically and is perfect.  The images look perfect when I play them back on PC... ther eis NO exposure issue at all... just the fact that I can't see the image on the screen when shooting video outdoors.  The A6000 never had this problem.

I am hoping someone can tell me what is going on here...

Sony a6000 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow