D500 won't turn off but still works as normal

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sjmmarsh
Sjmmarsh Junior Member • Posts: 32
D500 won't turn off but still works as normal

i started a new thread as though there are some reports of the D500 becoming unresponsive (the solution seems be to remove the battery), my problem is different. Basically the only thing wrong is that I can't turn it off! Everything else works as normal, but I can't store it in my bag as the buttons are all still live, including the shutter release. It worked OK on the first day but then wouldn't turn off.

I tried removing the battery, lens, Memory cards, leaving the battery out over night and doing a factory reset. All to no avail.

Nikon responded telling me to take it back to my dealer. They don't have any more D500s, so will call me when they have one as I don't want to send a 4 day old camera back for repair!

The funny thing is that, having arranged for a replacement, the camera turned off....

i am now doing some testing to see if I can work out what is going wrong. I suspect it is the Bluetooth module as this remains active when you turn the camera off and the top LCD stays active until the message warning you that it will keep sending data unless you turn it off disappears from the screen.

I'll update my findings on here.

Steve

Sjmmarsh's gear list:Sjmmarsh's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +3 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow