SB-5000 Speedlight

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sagittarius Veteran Member • Posts: 4,582
Re: SB-5000 Speedlight

Ask Mait wrote:

theonetruepath wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

The SB-5000 now the flagship speedlight from nikon right? If so does the Sb-5000 work with wireless triggers as I've read it does not? Any info appreciated, is it any good? I used to own the SB-900 - I liked it an never had the overheat issue - will this new one be as good, any problems with it or disadvantages as you see it over the older flash? Does triggering work well, which triggers do you use etc?

NB - Also, seems to be no review on the SB-5000 here that I can find other than a press release...

It's expensive, only works via radio with a few cameras, those cameras need extra wireless bits added, the one thing it is good at is not overheating. And that's not an issue for you.

Rather go Yongnuo (cheap low end non-expandable system) or Godox (slightly less cheap, far more expandable system, Li-Ion flash available etc)

Hi, I am also trying to learn something through this thread, so are you saying that sb5000 can not be fired (off camera) with a third party radio trigger even in manual mode?

The only possible radio communication is through newer bodies D5, D500 and D5600 (at the moment). Please confirm if I am interpreting it right.. Thanks

Hi,

I think the difference is that with older flashes and cameras you need transmitter and receiver to control flash remotely. With SB-5000 and D5 0r D500 you need transmitter (WR-R10 or WR-A10) only.

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Sagittarius's gear list:Sagittarius's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow