Just bought a new camera D5600 and a bit dissapointed

Started Apr 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 25,041
No

Slimzy wrote:

Ok thanks for the replies. Its getting a bit messy replying to replies that have replies on them hehe.

couple of things to note from this then.

1) you suggest for me to use live view if i want to take a landscape shot for everything to be in focus?

No....I'm saying that if you want the thing you have the focus point locked on to to be perfectly focused....Use liveview.

would i just hit the screen to focus in the middle and use say f8? Is it normal to need to use the live view this often? Im imagining all the DSLR's prior to this not having a touch screen..

I never use liveview.... Unless I'm checking my PDAF focus calibration. PDAF works faster and better in low light. A little focus inaccuracy is normally not an issue. When comparing sharpness in the P900 (CDAF) best to compare to the DSLR also using CDAF so focus differences don't bias results

2) The cameras may have 'exactly the same' ISO, but with the P900 you are not forced to use higher ISOs even at night, because either 1) the IS is working very well or 2) the Apperture is lower (maybe i havent calculated that well).

Your missunderstanding the Pros and Cons of different sensor sizes. Once you learn how to "play" the DSLR better...Much of the benefits you see in the P900, at the moment, won't be.

I rarely needed to use more than 200 ISO, even at high shutter speeds (obviously in day time). but in the end, to me... it doesnt seem like having a DSLR over the P900 is that big of an improvement. For sure tho, I will need to get accustomed to using a DSLR

Takes time.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow