50mm f2

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wouterv Regular Member • Posts: 441
50mm f2

I'm considering selling my 35 1.4 and 60 2.4 to get a 50 2.0. I mostly use the 35 for candid portraits. The 60 I don't use much at all to be honest, just for the occasional close-up. My guess is the 50 could be an alternative for both: the faster AF would make it a better alternative for candid portraits. At the same time the DOF is quite similar to the 35 1.4, and it has pretty decent close-focusing ability (although of course not as close as the 60 2.4).

As I'm also switching from a 16MP to a new 24MP body, I was wondering if the high ISO capability is better in the new bodies (e.g. X-T20). If yes, and comparing the 1.4 of the 35mm with the 2.0 of the 50mm, that would mean I could use one stop higher ISO to negate the one stop slower aperture at the same shutter speed.

Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --
 wouterv's gear list:wouterv's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow