Just bought a new camera D5600 and a bit dissapointed

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Slimzy Forum Member • Posts: 89
Just bought a new camera D5600 and a bit dissapointed

Hey Guys

I am quite new to photography but not that new.

About a year or so ago, I bought a camera so that I could learn and get more into photography. It was a Nikon Coolpix P900 (I still use it) and its been great. I managed to learn pretty much everything on the camera and how to user it. Been shooting manual since a long time to get the best out of it. I really enjoyed the camera and still do.

Fast forward to a few days ago I bought a D5600 with the 18-105mm VR kit. I was hoping to see a good improvement in IQ, but to my surprise and somewhat disappointment, I see that the JPGs that its producing seem to fall short of the IQ from the P900!!!

I dont want to write a super long first post (so you get bored), but is this expected? could this be because the kit lense with the D5600 is not quite as good as the P900 lense?

Before I go and rush to spend alot of money on some new lenses or even a cheap prime lense, I'd like to hear some opinion on what I should expect in terms of JPG IQ from the D5600.

PS: I have taken alot of time to find the best picture settings for both camera and also done tests shots at both cameras base ISO. It seems the P900 has slightly sharper images (as expected with small sensor and wide DOF), but the quality on the focused parts in the image of the D5600 still is not as sharp as the P900.

Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow