XF 55-200 lens hood replacement recommendations.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rlmack Regular Member • Posts: 158
XF 55-200 lens hood replacement recommendations.

A few days ago I received the refurbished XF 55-200 lens I ordered. The product listing said it would include all accessories, but the box did not contain the lens hood or cloth lens pouch.

The seller is saying it could be a lengthy time to get the parts from Fuji and offered to refund $30 so I could buy a third party hood.

Since I've seen frequent complaints here about the hood for that lens it seems like it might be a good idea. But I don't know which third party hood is a good fit. (Amazon reviews are non-existent or unhelpful one-liners.)

For those who have replaced the lens hood, what brand did you buy and is it a good fit? Does it reverse over the lens like the Fuji hood?

As a bonus, does anyone know where I could buy a cloth pouch like the one that's supposed to come with the lens? I couldn't find anything with preliminary searching.

rlmack's gear list:rlmack's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow