Wireless Crapbridge alternatives that leave the hotshoe free?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
n057 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,839
Re: Wireless Crapbridge alternatives that leave the hotshoe free?

arniebook wrote:

n057 wrote:

JohnWick4001 wrote:

One more question, would an eye fi card or something similar still work properly in a Crapbridge based D500?

I don't know if there is something like a D500 that is not "crapbridge (sic)" based, but if you Read page 226 of the F...riendly User Manual, or page 149 of the F...riendly Menu Guide, you will see something that mentions Eye-Fi.

See item #2

Read the F...riendly Manuals

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

Yep! ... According to Thom Hogan's Book (guess that's my D500 Bible these days) the D500 supports all but the earlier non-X2 Eye-Fi cards. Biggest problems are highly technical set-up and Eye-Fi keeping the meter alive. Thus a huge power consumer. I'd be interested in hearing if any has tried one, and their results.

Plug for Thom's Book ... though I have not completely read the entire book (about 1000 pages) it is a treasure trove of technical information about the D500. Because it is in pdf format you have the ability to search for anything using ctrl-f (windows) and typing a word or phrase. It is well worth the $30 to anyone with a D500. Heck, we might not see any questions here if everyone had it.

Arnie

-- hide signature --

What we spend on this stuff is equal to the depth of our pockets squared ($²) times (x) what we justify in our minds as to what we expect to do with our pictures plus (+) the enjoyment we experience from using our stuff and sharing the result ... $²(E(X)+ )=$xxxx

At least it leaves the hotshoe free

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow