Found a use for 2 card slots in my first week with the 7200

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cutterpup
cutterpup Senior Member • Posts: 1,015
Found a use for 2 card slots in my first week with the 7200

I know the reasons behind wanting 2 card slots in a camera but have found a special use for me during my first week with a 7200. Right now I am learning my new camera, practicing, looking at the images on my computer and then going out and practicing some more.

For many years now I have only shot RAW. Well at the moment I have Lightroom 5.0, which does not support RAW files from the 7200. So I must take an extra step and convert them before I can see them on my computer.

So for now, I have the second card set to JPEG. I can pop that card into the reader to easily view the images and still keep the camera set up for RAW shooting without having to remember to change settings over.

In the future I will probably have the second card set to backup or overflow. But for now this is working well for me.

cutterpup's gear list:cutterpup's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Pentax K-5 Nikon D7200 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow