Buying this weekend for my Families first Trip to WDW, Need Help ASAP

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Orange88 Regular Member • Posts: 286
Re: Buying this weekend for my Families first Trip to WDW, Need Help ASAP

This isn't exactly what you were asking, but I'd skip buying a new body to carry around WDW. Assuming your have a recent model smartphone just use that for daytime pictures and videos in the park. You will all enjoy the day more without carrying/worrying about expensive camera gear all day. it's really hard to take exceptional pictures in the crowds and during most hours of the day with the harsh Florida sun anyway.

Bring your 5Ds and haul it out when you're  planning a specific photo session. Perhaps during the evening golden hour, for nighttime parades or fireworks shows, or for a planned family portrait session. If you're staying at one of the on-property hotels it's not so hard to go back to your room for the equipment (you'll probably want to go back for a rest at some point during the day anyway).

Even with this plan a new lens or two might be a good idea. At WDW you have uses for both moderately wide and longer lenses. You could compromise on an all-in-one like the 24-105mm f/4L or a two-lens setup like a 35mm f/2 and the 70-200mm f/4.

Enjoy the trip!

Orange88's gear list:Orange88's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow