***Winners MC 515 - That Human Touch***

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
oppy
oppy Regular Member • Posts: 417
***Winners MC 515 - That Human Touch***

For starters, I want to thank everyone for submitting a varied and interesting bunch of photos! I was fascinated by your individual interpretations of my - admittedly a bit vague - idea.

For me, this challenge began with a question - is it possible to take creative photos which include people, but when they are not the main subject of the photo? In my mind, this is a difficult thing to accomplish, and it challenges me to take better photos that don't just look like boring snapshots.

Enough rambling - on to the winners! I want to start with a "Special Judge's Award" to Ontarian for his hilariously snarky commentary with his entries. I seriously LOLed! Thanks!

On to the honorable mentions (in no particular order):

While Wilba's tire tracks photo doesn't really meet the challenge rules, I appreciate this creative interpretation. Great photo!

Same goes for CQui's round bales. Lovely photo even if it doesn't 100% meet the criteria. By the way, we see those bales all over the place - apparently, farmers have too much feed around here!

brightcolours' Mountain Cow.  I love this shot, and seriously struggled where to place it!

guiness2's goldfish.  Fantastic colors, and I love the sense of motion and activity.

Amesiu's drone - great composition.  Interesting use of B&W, nice framing, and use of the blurry but easy to identify operator.  Nice shot!

On to the winners:

3rd Place

AvyMan's mountain goats.  Funny how 2 very similar shots were entered by different people!  I gave this a slight edge over the cow due to the fact that they're wild animals and, from your description, it takes tons of patience to get them to come close.  Very nice!

2nd Place

RAYoung's Grand Canyon - frankly, this is the type of shot I envisioned when I posted the challenge.  Fantastic color, framing and subject!  Yes, it's probably hard to get a bad shot of the Grand Canyon, but this is a very creative use of "that guy getting in the middle of my shot"!

1st Place

WilbaW's rescue bird - while technically not the best entry, this was the one shot that created an emotional reaction (Mrs. oppy loves it too).  If this isn't the definition of "That Human Touch" I don't know what is!

WilbaW, the next challenge is yours.  Sounds like you might be out-of-pocket for a couple days - I'm fine with waiting, but we'll see what everyone else has to say.

oppy's gear list:oppy's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow