Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 7,981
Re: Sx720

I'm sort of late to this party, so I may in fact be too late.  I read your comments on the FZ150 as I had one several years ago, and it took some wonderful pictures for me.  I have since moved on to an FZ200, although it took several tries over three years to get a good one that could match the FZ150's image quality.  More recently, I decided to stop carrying the large "bridge" cameras like the FZ200 and instead, go with a pocket superzoom.  So I went with the Sony HX80 because it had a pop up EVF.  Well, on a recent trip, I took a Sony RX100 for indoors and lower light, and the HX80 for more length.  I absolutely hated using the HX80  and sold it for a loss.  Rather than try again, I'm going back to carrying the FZ200 or my older Canon SX230HS from around 2011, about the same period as the FZ150..

You mentioned some reluctance in buying used.  I share that, so I only deal with KEH, or the two NY stores, B&H and Adorama.  as all three grade and price their cameras fairly, and in the fairly rare event it isn't right, they are good at standing behind what they sell.

I am sorry for your loss.  But as many have said, keeping busy is the best therapy.

-- hide signature --

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Canon PowerShot SD950 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G7 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow