Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Sir Monty Golfear Regular Member • Posts: 249
Re: Ian

Edward48 wrote:

Sir Monty Golfear wrote:

Edward48 wrote:

Sir Monty Golfear wrote:

Hi,

I agree with Ben....lovely images and processing.

By the way...what Dr setting did you use?.

I find that when processing x30 raw files the supplied SilkyPix Raw although not a popular choice on the forums works for mexample 🤔.

Thanks Ian. I'm afraid I'm rather lazy when I use the X30. I find it does a very good job on it's own with auto DR setting and P mode. Auto ISO 3200.

I've got SilkyPix and have a go at it from time to time, but just can't get very comfortable with it. I mostly stick to Lightroom.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. ... I find it interesting that you would prefer the X30 over the Leica Q for the Baktic cruise. Surely these two camerash are world's apart in the image quality stakes ?.

Cheers Ian.

I suppose the X30 over the Q does seem a bit perverse. Usually I trot off on holiday with just one camera and one prime and I'm happy as Larry. I don't like too much choice, simple is good for me. I don't want the bother of it. But we've never been on a cruise before or anywhere near the Baltic countries, so I thought a bit of variety might be handy for once. Also I want to travel light with just the camera, without lots of bags and bibs and bobs and what have you. So the X30 in it's ever ready case is ideal. When we get home I'll probably do a 10"x8" Blurb photo book so the IQ from the Fuji will be more than enough. Horses for courses really. But, yes, you're right, they are worlds apart.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I know what you mean about having to many choices. A few years ago I had 3 dslrs and various lenses. Every time the wife and I went oup for the day I used to get really stressed not knowing what combination of camera and lenses to take, not to mention what camera bag tof put them in. In the end I sold the lot and purchased a Fujifilm X20. That was the best thing I had done in ages for my photography. I progressed to a X30 because of the added benefits of the EVF which I like. ....the trouble is that slowly and inadvertently my camera collection has grown again!.

We are going Torquay for a few days, I will be taking the X30, a lens pen and 2 spare batteries and just enjoying the freedom that brings....the rest of my gear will stay at home...job done!!!.

Cheers Ian.

Sir Monty Golfear's gear list:Sir Monty Golfear's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sony SLT-A58 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow