My precious (M5) hit the pavement...

Started Apr 13, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,153
My precious (M5) hit the pavement...

...And survived, almost without a scratch.

I don't recommend running with cameras, but when you're having fun with your kids, the last thing you think about is your OEM strap coming loose, well mine did. An angel must've caught that thing as it SLAMMED into the concrete, at a solid 7-8mph as I was booking.

I have a large scratch on the hotshoe mount, a scratch on the right bottom body, and just my lens hood on the mounted EF-M 18-150 rotated a bit. The LCD popped itself into a tilted position, but no damage. Everything still works, surprisingly despite how hard of a fall it took.

Canon wasn't kidding when they mentioned one of their problems with new designs was making sure their stuff was durable. My ol 5DIII probably wouldn't have taken that punishment.

Truth told, I really do think there is some supernatural intervention here, that's a half joke about an angel catching it; happens. May just be a thing, but, I've found sometimes things of value, have nine lives just like myself.

Now it's a testament to the camera too, tough stuff as despite landing in an optimal pattern, it took a serious blow, and lives.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow