Nikon d3300: Is this photo normal?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tommy48 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Nikon d3300: Is this photo normal?

Can anyone tell me if the following photos are normal? The first two photos were taken using the kit 18-55mm VRII at 18mm. One was taken using Live View and the other OVF. Should I expect the OVF shot to be sharper?

The second set was taken with the 55-200mm VRII lens. The OVF photo looks good when compared to the shot taken in Live View, but upon enlargement you can see a difference. The same question: Should I expect the OVF to focus better?

In both sets, I used manual exposure and the settings are the same for both Live View and OVF. The camera was on a tripod and I used the shutter timer to try to minimize shake.

One other question: The Live View shots seem to be properly exposed, but the OVF shots look a little over-exposed. In fact, the OVF exposure scale says that it is getting about 2/3 EV more exposure than Live View. Is this normal or should they be the same?

I know they both look identical below, but the difference becomes apparent upon enlargement.

Thanks for any comments.

18-55mm VRII@18mm - Live View

18-55mm VRII@18mm- Viewfinder mode (Non Live View)

55-200mm VRII @200mm - Live View

55-200mm VRII @200mm - Viewfinder (Non Live View)

Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow