Game-changing new flash for MFT pros!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Veteran Member • Posts: 8,423
Game-changing new flash for MFT pros!

Godox has produced a Micro Four Thirds (MFT) version of its TT350! It's available for pre-order in the U.S. at Adorama for $84.90.

Why is this a game-changer? Because for the first time it's possible to combine on- and off-camera flash with an integrated radio trigger system with TTL on-camera.

Woohoo!

I'm a full-time event pro who switched from DSLRs to MFT three years ago. I've been using Godox V850 manual speedlights and a Godox Witstro AD360, and on portrait shoots where I can control flash output manually this has worked great. However, when I need to combine off-camera flash (to light a room or a stage) and I need auto or TTL on-camera to light subjects while I'm moving around (e.g. folks on a dance floor), I've had to resort to inelegant solutions that don't always work. For example, I'd have a pair of V850s on stands to side-light the dance floor, but these wouldn't always light my main subjects well from certain angles, so I've held a Panasonic flash on auto mode in my left hand and had its built-in optical slave triggered by the V850s. I had to hold the "on-camera" flash in my left hand because Godox' FT16 trigger occupied the hotshoe and lacked a pass-through hotshoe on which I could mount a flash on-camera, and Godox' newer X1 trigger, which has a pass-through hotshoe, hasn't been compatible with MFT. The problems are obvious: hard to zoom with my left hand occupied, and the optical slave didn't always work.

Now, with a TT350 on my camera, I get TTL flash on-camera, and I can trigger and adjust my stand-mounted V850s directly from the TT350. CaNikon shooters have had such integrated radio-triggered on- and off-camera flash systems available for a long time from a bunch of manufacturers. Finally, Godox has closed the gap for MFT pros.

I'm gonna buy me one of these for each of my three Panasonic bodies, and if they work well, I'll put my Panasonic FL360L flashes up for sale.

Woohoo!

Oh, and the TT350 does HSS, too! Not sure if it'll give me HSS from my V850s as well, but that'd just be icing on the cake.

If we're very lucky, Godox will make a new version that has a li-ion battery like the V850/V860 series. The TT350 uses two AAs.

-- hide signature --

If you think digital is hard, try slide film.
http://jacquescornell.photography
http://happening.photos

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +29 more
Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow