ZEISS Batis 2.8/135 APO [ $1,999.00 ] is officially announced...

Started Apr 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,712
Re: ZEISS Batis 2.8/135 APO [ $1,999.00 ] is officially announced...

Steve W wrote:

I'm not sure what to say about your comments that you have not been happy with the AF from any camera and that it malfunctions often. I'm very happy with my Sony gear and both my Batis and Loxia lenses but when I think of AF performance in low light I clearly give the nod to my Canon 1DX and 5D Mark IV. If you really want AF you might want to consider a different system. I don't have any experience but its my understanding the the Nikon D500 also has stellar AF performance. Sony is doing much better but my DSLRs have always focused faster. On the Sony though I've really come to love the Eye-AF capability and find it very accurate.

Steve

I agree high end DSLR at this moment still has way better AF, especially when it comes to tracking moving objects, I recently got a D500 (about 6 months ago), as far as AF and tracking, it is really day and night better than my A7RII, that's besides the frame rate and buffer stuffs, purely AF/tracking,  I already have the 1DX and 1Ds3 and still have the dinosaur 1D MK II, but want to get a latest APS-C for its crop factor, these pro DSLRs also handle so much better with big lenses too, so even Sony makes A7R III AF and tracks as good as the 1DX/D500, I still wouldn't use it for sport shooting, period, i really hate its handling and ergonomics,  as for eye focus, I found A7R II works pretty good with say theh 85GM, 55 1.8....but i still found the 3D tracking on my D800E works much more reliable in my experience.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow