Development of Fuji RAW files

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Cliff Fujii
Cliff Fujii Veteran Member • Posts: 8,069
Re: Development of Fuji RAW files

stevo23 wrote:

Cliff Fujii wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

All what you just said is swirling around in my head. And I keep coming to the conclusion that it shouldn't cost more to have better work. I look at the really good ones and there's nothing more in what they do from a resource or cost perspective. What they do, they just do right.

But I wonder how much time they invest in learning new techniques, or experiment with different compositions. That's all part of the wedding business and should be amortized. I wonder if Peter Lik would have made a good wedding photographer? Probably not, he's all about the big shot.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Gotta trim...

I don't know what to think of Peter Lik. He's so rugged and sexy and good looking, I think I need to ask him on a date and I don't even dig guys...(there's a very cynical joke in there, hopefully it's not lost).

that's one big tough question though. My thought is to get involved in the design of the sets. It's a paradigm shift, but there's no good to be found in just slapping awnings together and not considering the aesthetics of it. If you get a good planner who also thinks about dynamic symmetry and all the aspects of Gestalt that makes art happen, it wouldn't be so hard to get exemplary results.

I guess the trick is to find a wedding planer with talent that is just starting off.  That way you will both grow together and if you are any good, you will be at the top of the recommended photographer list, which I think is a real advantage.  I guess spending the money to come to WPPI in Las Vegas is also a wise investment and it's tax deductible.  I still take photography courses even though I been into photography since I got my first Nikon F in 1965.  You can never stop learning.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon Df Nikon D810 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 +49 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow