Downgraded to Fuji S100fs :-)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
babha Regular Member • Posts: 201
Downgraded to Fuji S100fs :-)

and totally happy

After having had a love&hate affair with Fuji´s X-S1 since early 2013 I finally sold the fourth (or was it fifth) body and bought a used S100fs.

Of course, I will miss 24 mm and 624 mm and a brilliant EVF ... BUT I get pictures to my taste!

S100fs is a step forward from my beloved S9100 (since 2007), more than I would have expected. As I did with Fuji´s elder No.1-bridge I only take RAF´s and convert them using LR or RawTherapee.

I had S100fs about a year ago for a short time and have comared jpeg ooc and RAF converted to jpegs: no challenge - the conversions are clear winners.

For me it was the biggest "minus", that X-S1 jpeg sooc (converted to taste from RAF using the internal RawConverter) was "unbeatable" (at least for me). All I could get trying my best using LR or Fuji´s RFC was no match. Sure, it saved me a lot of time sitting behind a computer ... but ... I always found that very fine detail like grass, small branches or leaves were rendered in a rather "unnatural" (digitally "painted") way. Maybe the sonsor ... perhaps the lens? Or just me?

Anyway: there was a solution (for me) ... even by Fuji  ... and that´s clearly S100fs

Fuji S100fs, ISO 100, f=5.3, 1/125, 101,5 mm

taken yesterday at sunrise

-- hide signature --
 babha's gear list:babha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Sigma SD9
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow