ZEISS Batis 2.8/135 APO [ $1,999.00 ] is officially announced...

Started Apr 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
landshark Contributing Member • Posts: 746
Re: vett93 = 1993 Corvette

vett93 wrote:

landshark wrote:

vett93 wrote:

I am a muscle/pony car fan. I had a 1993 Corvette back in the days, after a Mustang and a Firebird Trans Am. After these 3 cars, I made a big mistake of buying a German car, a BMW 7-series with factory lowered M-Sport suspension. It drove like a dream when it was not in the shop. It was the single POS car I have ever owned and I was stranded 7 times in the 8 years of ownership. No more German car for me after that. I was on a BMW 7-series forum back then. Everyone's BMW 7-series had tons of problems.

I am now back to American muscle car with a 392 cubic inch engine and 485 HP! When I was shopping for this car, my wife told me that I should get the 707HP version. Wish I had listened to her. Vroommmm....

I have owned one American car and will never own another one, had a couple of Italian cars many years ago, do not think I will repeat that mistake again, I love both the German and Japanese cars I have owned and will continue to buy from the two countries only in the future. One bad BMW does not represent all of the German auto industry.

Not to pick on you. On one side you stated that one bad BMW does not represent all German auto industry. But in the beginning of the same paragraph, you stated you had one America car but you won't buy it again. What is the logic?

The logic is I do not like them, never meant to imply my one American car owner negative experience was because the car fell apart, it did have some issues but nothing more or less than some others I have owned. I just do not like the way they drive, or feel, I drive a lot of rentals because of my work most are American cars, just not me. Now if I was to buy a pickup it more than likely be an American one just not a car. Only recently have GM and Ford realized that pony cars could be made better overall if they corner well. I live in So Cal grew up driving the canyons, handling is the critical thing for me.

-- hide signature --

Bob
www.bobdamico.com

landshark's gear list:landshark's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Ricoh GR II Sony RX1R II Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow