Help! X-T2 photos seem no better than entry level Canon T3i?

Started Apr 8, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SteGa New Member • Posts: 10
Help! X-T2 photos seem no better than entry level Canon T3i?

Apologies for the dramatic/click-bait title, but I just got my first Fuji camera in the mail today, the X-T2 with kit lens, and was really excited to see what it was like. I've had the T3i with kit lens for 6 years now, and decided I needed an upgrade. After a week of research, I fell in love with the X-T2 just reading about it online. It looked like the perfect compromise between great photo and great video.

I took some comparison shots with both cameras of some things around my room, same angle, exposure, ISO, etc... And either I'm nuts, or the T3i's photos came out sharper and more vivid than the X-T2. I was definitely suprised considering it's a 6 year old camera and the fuji costs more than twice as much...

Here is an example:

This image was captured with the X-T2.

This image was captured with the Canon T3i

Not sure if images get downgraded when posting to forums, but the T3i image is definitely sharper. The color reproduction is more accurate on the X-T2, but I was expecting a big jump in quality over the T3i.

Maybe i'm just not familiar with fuji and am using the camera wrong somehow? Or am missing some key setting configurations?

And insight would be greatly appreciated!

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow