ZEISS Batis 2.8/135 APO [ $1,999.00 ] is officially announced...

Started Apr 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,669
Re: Zeiss violate me with their expensive lenses ...

terryreid wrote:

I still stand by my comments that the 135 FL demand is weak and it is a niche lens for most people. Sony's has brought 12 high end FF e-mount lens to market with the 16-35 GM and 100-400mm coming next so even if they chose to make a 135 GM it would be the fifteen FL they picked and that is if they do not do a UWA prime or other next. They build lenses based on customer feedback and demand.

Fully agree. With the introduction of 70-200 f2.8 zooms, the 135mm focal length prime became less popular. It was never very popular in the RF systems, due to difficult framing lines (too small an area in the VF patch). Even Canon and Nikon are letting their 135 lenses drag for ever; the 135L and the 135 DC must be on their lower priority to update. Well, Nikon even introduced a world first with the 105 f1.4, rather than updating their DC lenses (105 and 135).

We would like to see a 300 or 400 prime and and maybe a zoom to 600mm but as they just said in the interview Canon and others have the long end covered for now. They will do it but only when all else is covered. Why would they even spend the money on a 135 at the moment other than to solidify there ranks with the pros?

I do tire of seeing negative posts insinuating things about others and attempting to read others minds. It is a forum and there is no place for criticizing others, we all love photography so peace out everyone.

Yup.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow