X-T2 – where has the screen focus box gone?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phil1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,371
X-T2 – where has the screen focus box gone?

The focus box in the EVF behaves normally but, after updating to F/W 2.0, the screen focus box does behave as I would expect.

(First of all I should say that the camera is set to single focus and the drive mode is single shot).

The focus box does not appear on the screen! (If I press the focus joystick the focus box appears but on half pressing the shutter button it vanishes and only appears again when the camera has focussed itself on something or other. This makes it impossible to use the screen for focussing because I can’t see the where the focus box is until the camera has achieved focus on whatever the (invisible ) focus box happened to be pointing at.

I’m sure I’m overlooking something trivial but I’m at a loss to find it despite searching the manual & menus several times. I’d be very grateful for any help you can give!

Many thanks

Phil

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow