ZEISS Batis 2.8/135 APO [ $1,999.00 ] is officially announced...

Started Apr 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
landshark Contributing Member • Posts: 746
Re: Yes, it's definitely more than I'd like to pay...

blue_skies wrote:

Dave Sanders wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

Dave Sanders wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

I am off to the office now, in a Porsche

I hope it's a 993...

964 and 986 - daily driver is a modified Audi S3.

It appears we share a taste in cameras and cars haha. The first Porsche I ever drove was a 1979 911 SC, but when I was a teenager, the car I had on my wall was a 930 Turbo and then, of course, a 959 and, ultimately, the 964 Turbo. I've always felt the 993's were the ultimate distillation of the old Porsche ethos, but man do I still have a soft spot for the more upright shape of 964's. Unfortunately, all the air cooled cars have gone through the roof price-wise. For me, the 986 is the car that started Porsche down the path that eventually led to the 718, which feels the most old school 'Porsche-like' of anything they make now.

I envy your daily driver...the S3 is a little ripper. I love small, fast cars.

We are stealing the thread here ... but yeah, I am getting 0-60 in 3.9s. Not bad for a four wheel drive vehicle with four doors

My future son-in-law drives a modified Audi S3, loves it, still think my M3 is a little quicker

-- hide signature --

Bob
www.bobdamico.com

landshark's gear list:landshark's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Ricoh GR II Sony RX1R II Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow