ZEISS Batis 2.8/135 APO [ $1,999.00 ] is officially announced...

Started Apr 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
landshark Contributing Member • Posts: 746
Re: Yes, it's definitely more than I'd like to pay...

terryreid wrote:

I have a 2014 Ferrari 458 spider and some older ones but that's not the point. Having the resources to pay for something doesn't mean I am going to pay two grand for a 135mm lens or let a company gouge me for something I haven't felt a need for to begin with.

I have too many lenses now and the only lenses I am waiting for is the 16-35 GM and possibly the 100-400 Sony depending upon what that ends up being.

I recently acquired a Canon 400mm as my first non native lens and I like it. So I ordered the new Tamaron 150-600mm G2 Sony A-mount which according to Brian Smith with Sony's new firmwear the Sony A-mount LA-EA3 works super fast on now so unless the Sony 100-400mm is VERY compelling I probably will pass. My 70-300mm is sweet and the 70-200mm GM have me pretty much covered especially when I throw in the a6500 crop sensor as an option.

Would I like to have one, yes but frankly think it makes more sense to crop the 85GM or 100 STF at the moment. How many lenses can you carry around?

One is not being gouged with the price tag and maintenance bill of a 458, We all justify the money we spend on our toys, I just get tired of so many posts about why something cost TOO much or is overpriced. If one can afford it and it speaks to you enjoy.

-- hide signature --

Bob
www.bobdamico.com

landshark's gear list:landshark's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Ricoh GR II Sony RX1R II Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow