750D 760d T6i T6s - Does not support remote control over WiFi from PC :(

Started Jun 28, 2015 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Paul B - UK Regular Member • Posts: 216
Re: 750D 760d T6i T6s - Does not support remote control over WiFi from PC :(

tessierpg wrote:

Has anybody been able or succeeded in jailbreaking the firmware? I'm pretty sure the T6s has the hardware capability to transmit over wi-fi to a mac or a pc, the function is there, only blocked by firmware...

We could even argue that Canon is misleading its customers with its claim regarding the T6s ability to carry wi-fi functions. Anybody that reads that the T6s is wi-fi compatible would presume that wi-fi compatibility with a computer would normally be the "core" of any wi-fi claim from this product.

In my country such general wi-fi claim would surely be recognized as a misleading claim under th Consumers Protection Act (Province of Quebec, Canada). I am not impressed.

I do wireless to pc using a program called Airnef (works for nikon, canon, sony)

http://www.testcams.com/airnef/

^some security programs (like mine) may caution you about the download, but it's only because it's a little known program that they don't recognize. It works flawlessly, even if the initial setup can be a hard at first. Test it with VirusTotal.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow