A99 II finder/monitor problem: comments/suggestions/help?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alanlinde
alanlinde Regular Member • Posts: 385
A99 II finder/monitor problem: comments/suggestions/help?

My A99 II arrived (B&H) on Feb 24 and all has been well until yesterday when I was downtown (DC) taking some building pictures. At some stage in the afternoon the automatic  switching between finder and monitor started behaving erratically. I have the menu option (p6 on the camera2 menus) FINDER/MONITOR set to AUTO and, up till then it behaved as expected.  When I turn on the camera it now most frequently comes up stuck in a finder only mode (unless I push the finder/monitor button on the top of the camera). If I cycle thru power on/off cycles it will sometimes come up stuck in monitor mode. Removing the battery and then retrying has no effect. Also I've tried setting the menu option to MANUAL (and back again) but that makes no change to the behavior.

Before I start trying to get this resolved via B&H/Sony I wonder if anyone has any insight that could help – or even suggest a fix or point out my stupidity.

Thanks, Alan

Sony a99 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow