Just pulled the trigger on an X-A3

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 18,494
Just pulled the trigger on an X-A3

As I've often remarked (on this and other brand forums), I've been enamored with anything that Fuji makes. I just enjoy the output that I receive when using a variety of Fuji cameras - whether they be X-series mirrorless options, or enthusiast options like the X-10 through X-30, X-S1, X-F1, X-Q1, etc.

One of the camera genres that Fuji makes has really impressed me and it happens to be their entry level X-A series of cameras using the Bayer sensor coupled with their image processing engines. I have the X-A1 and have really enjoyed that camera. IMO, if you want to see how gorgeous the Bayer sensor can be, then get a Fuji X-A1, X-A2, and hopefully, this new X-A3. The colors are rich (gorgeous), with the same high DR that Fuji is famous for. For those that particularly don't care for the X-Trans sensor, but still admire Fuji, getting an X-A series of camera should fill that niche.

So I initially held off getting the X-A3 because heck...I already have lots of Fuji Stuff. But alas, in a weak moment earlier today (thanks to 5 glasses of an excellent Russian River Valley Pinot Noir), I placed my order with B&H.

Once I receive it (which should be Wednesday), I will run it through the mill and then do a camera review here. Not enough has been written about the X-A3, so I minus well provide some input on my end.

I do know that if the X-A3 is like most other Fuji models, l will continuing using the Average Metering option as opposed to the Multi-Segment method. I've found a long time ago that in order to save any hi-lights, the Average Metering option is the way to go. It's much easier to bring up shadows than it is to try to salvage heavily blown out hi-lights that can often occur when using Multi-segment metering on Fuji cameras. So I just love the Average Metering method with Fuji Cameras. That's just me as your mileage will vary. With some other camera brands (i.e. Olympus and Canon), their Multi-Metering, or ESP, or whatever else it's called, balances out just perfectly. However, with Fuji, I get my best results using Average Metering.

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Ben Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Canon PowerShot G12 Olympus XZ-1 +44 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
afm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow