BIF's Bald Eagles, Part III

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dzba Senior Member • Posts: 1,264
BIF's Bald Eagles, Part III

This is a continuation of what I started in March 2014.  I had intended to post this part sooner, but had a serious shortage of available subjects that were close enough for my 55-250 STM lens.  I'd see some eagles, mostly too far off to get anything I liked.  All that changed starting in July, 2016.  Located an eagle honeyhole, 10 min from where I live.

Here are links for the 1st and 2nd parts of this continueing thread, for those who are interested in reading these.  As I re read these I'm reminded of how informative and helpful some of the people here are.

part I      part II

So now we come to part III, where I will post some of the fruits of my labors.  All of these images were taken bewtween July 2016 and March 2017.  All images taken with the Canon t4i and the Canon 55-250 mm lens.  As hard as it might be to imagine, at times, 55mm was too long.  Feel free to comment, ask questions, offer tips, or your images of BIF's of any kind.  I am continueing to learn and am hopeful that when their eggs hatch that the adults will spend more time at the lake catching food for their young ones.   Currently they sometimes make a fly by, maybe catching a fish and then leave.

this is an immature bald eagle, maybe 4yrs old, not displaying the complete adult plumage.  It has a type of shad in tow.

shutter speed was 1/1000th, too slow to freeze wing movement, but by panning I got this.

my favorite type of eagle images are when their wing feathers are spread out and extended

this one was taken in full sun, my 1st choice for lighting

this shows some of the feather detail in their wings

a cropped image, mountain on the right is Mt Meeker

taken on a very windy day, so the feathers on it's head look a little funky

this is the same bird and fish as the 1st image.  I messed around with some photo editing to see what I could get.  Don't like to spend the time or effort, usually to do that.

Thanks for viewing,

Mike

-- hide signature --

please do not edit or repost any of my images without my permission

dzba's gear list:dzba's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow