Mild winter, cool winter: different Fujifilm cameras

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
prime Senior Member • Posts: 1,820
Mild winter, cool winter: different Fujifilm cameras

Two years ago, toward the end of a mild winter, with my trusty Fujifilm XF1 I captured sakura (cherry blossoms) on our hill here in Portland, Orygun, in mankai (fully opened) state, on February 27.

2015 February 27: geocoordinates: 45.5123, -122.7000 (approximate) [M]edium size, DR400

This year, we had a cooler than normal winter, with more stick-on-the-ground snowstorms than I can recall in many decades of living in this city. Today, March 31, almost five weeks further into the calendar year, I took a photo from the same location — of the same branch of the same tree, actually — when the blossoms are still sitcibu (70% opened). This time, I used the ~2005 vintage Fujifilm X3 Pro, fitted with a Tamron 60 mm f/2 macro lens, which, on the S3 Pro, is the equivalent of a 93 mm lens in full-frame perspective:

2017 March 31: geocoordinates: 45.5123, -122.7000 (approximate)

2017 March 31: geocoordinates: 45.5123, -122.7000 (approximate)

The Fujifilm S3 Pro, which was built on a Nikon body, featured 23.0×15.5mm Super CCD SR II sensor, which had 6.17 million S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels (both octagonal, but different sizes) in an array that was rotated 45° from the horizon line. Because of its unique rendition, and excellent color, the S3 Pro remains in use today, especially among wedding photography professionals, when contemporary DSLRs have been discarded or relegated to museum status.

. . .

Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm XF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow