Coolpix A with wideangle WC-E68 and JJC-LH-CP18Adapter with pics

Started Jan 31, 2017 | Discussions thread
basyl1891 Forum Member • Posts: 83
Re: Coolpix A with wideangle WC-E68 and JJC-LH-CP18Adapter with pics

gabriel foto wrote:

I know from using the WC-E68 on other lenses that the mounting distance has a huge effect on sharpness and while I believe the OP is using the JJC, I use the Nikon UR-E24 adapter, and I think Blaster does too?

This adapter is 21,9 mm deep. I measured from the flat part which makes contact with the camera, not the attachment ring, to the outside threads at the front. The WC-E68 cannot screw down to the bottom of these threads but leaves a gap some 0,5 mm so the overall mounting distance would be approx 22,4 mm.

How deep is the JJC?

I also have JJC version, it's 21.7mm deep (comparing to your 21.9). And there is also about the same gap between WC-E68 and adapter. Actually I've tested longer and shorter DIY adapters (stacked step rings) and I can tell you that your UR-E24 is probably optimal option for WC-E68.

Because JJC-0.5mm is much worse at the edges, and JJC+0.5mm is just slightly worse in the corners. So UR-E24 should be spot-on

basyl1891's gear list:basyl1891's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR Samsung TL500 Olympus E-500 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow