Nikon Reports $50B Yen Loss

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Philnw2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,440
Ricoh is doing Okay

There was a previous comment about Ricoh.

Actually, according to this report : https://www.computerprofile.com/analytics-papers/over-half-of-multifunctionals-are-from-ricoh-and-canon/

Ricoh has 30% of the inkjet printer (multifunctional) market to Canon's 22%.  Canon used to have dominance in the BW and color printer makets, but not so now.

That's why when Ricoh bought Pentax, Pentax camera owners were happy to see Ricoh in charge.  And Pentax seems to be able to stay within their budget and keep good solid products coming out.  I still have 2 Pentax DSLRs, crop size, and if Pentax had gone mirrorless i would still be a more active Pentax shooter.  I do admire the current Pentax operations, they seem to be rebuilding the brand, and in a moderate rate that can be supported by income.

What can i say - i shifted to Sony mirrorless because after trying a friend's FF mirrorless - i just liked where the Sony brand was headed.  But there were/are Pentax features that i liked and now miss.  There are no perfect cameras but a series of compromises.

Hopefully, Nikon will get it figured out.

-- hide signature --

Phil B

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28mm F2 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow