Photo comparison between DP2M and new H with 35mm Art

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
Scottelly Veteran Member • Posts: 7,993
Re: images - one marked with red circles denoting regions of interest

JackM wrote:

richard stone wrote:

Your response is clearly accurate and significant, hence the overly offensive reply, below.

Looks like I missed something that has been deleted...?

The problem is that the initial post would inevitably lead to such analysis and to such a reply. That is not your fault, it is simply life. The Merrill sensor is not perfect, but it is sort of the established standard.

Meanwhile, I continue with my POV that comparing an OOC jpg with a processed Sigma Merrill RAW, and being unable to tell much difference until we get to what amounts to a 60" print is impressive, in terms of the jpg and the camera that produced it. It is already established (I think) that the Q sensors are already excellent/accurate with color, so I'm happy to know that the red berries are still there.

Yes, agreed all around. Like I said above, I wonder what all these pixel peepers are going to do when they move to a 4K screen. View all their photos at 200%? Silly.

When I pixel-peep on a 4K screen I view at 100%, but it's a 40" screen.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
http://www.bigprintphotos.com

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Olympus TG-860 Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow