An excellent AA battery P&S with full manual controls

Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
0lf
0lf Senior Member • Posts: 1,059
Re: An excellent AA battery P&S with full manual controls

reyalp wrote:

0lf wrote:

First is proxy, second at full telephoto... which does not contradict what I said.

The point is that aperture on these low end cameras does provide useful control in some cases, contra your earlier:

aperture... when you start with a f/3.5-5.9 lens and a 1/2.3" sensor, I don't think it matter.

The point is that aperture give very limited control over DoF in a very limited set of situations on such camera. Even in your macro example wide open the DoF is already large enough for the whole flower to be in focus...

And also diffraction impact even at large aperture and noise in any situation except bright light compromise the little control given by the camera.

Thus, it is a very poor platform to learn how to use the diaphragm. I advice you to read on this forum the threads started by people upgrading to larger sensor asking why macro results are bad when shooting wide open...

That why A mode does not matter. Not because it has 0 impact (which I never said), but because it is very limited and compromized.

BTW there is nothing in focus on the moon shot.

0lf's gear list:0lf's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X70 Apple iPhone 6s
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
0lf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow