An excellent entry level Canon EOS camera

Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,427
An excellent entry level Canon EOS camera

Last year, after getting interested in photography, I paid $150 used for an EOS 350D in excellent, as new condition.  Last May, my daughter and I went to our family farm near Humansville, and she fell so much in love with the camera I gave it to her.

This camera cost a thousand dollars in 2005, and the buyer got their money's worth.  It shoots beautiful, vivid photos in JPEG on default settings.  It's fast, it's easy to learn, and every EOS Canon lens you buy for your Rebel XT will fit the next Canon EOS camera body you buy.

My daughter actually uses her camera to make a little money, shooting at rodeos.  The photos look great printed out to 8x10. She takes it with her everywhere, and has made some stunning photos with it.

But the proof is in the photos.  These were our first attempt at using the camera.

-Yet the best part of the day for me, was using my Canon SX 160 IS to take photos of her learning to use the Rebel XT.

She went out and used to take pictures of a rodeo queen, not long after.

Five stars for an oldie but a goodie, the Rebel XT.

For as little as they cost, they are one of the best JPEG cameras Canon ever made.

-
Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Canon PowerShot SX160 IS Nikon Coolpix S01 +26 more
Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N)
8 megapixels • 1.8 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 17, 2005
Humansvillian's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Canon EOS 350D (EOS Digital Rebel XT / EOS Kiss Digital N)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow