EOS 100D / 1200D / 1300D with vintage manual focus lenses via EOS adapter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fletchdirect New Member • Posts: 15
EOS 100D / 1200D / 1300D with vintage manual focus lenses via EOS adapter

Hi All

I have a large collection of vintage lenses left over from my film days - M42 manual focus Pentax Takumar primes and Contax Zeiss 50mm prime and 28-85mm zoom.

I still shoot film but would like to experiment with these lenses on a digital body. A bit of research has shown that a Canon body would be the most compatible by way of an adapter, and used in A mode.

I don't want to spend a fortune so have been looking at primarily the 100D. 1200D if I can find a new one still and a 1300D.

Does anyone have any experience of using these specific cameras with older lenses with an adapter? Research told me that the old 5D mk1 had an issue with its mirror hitting the back of the lens. I am in the market for one of these entry level Canon bodies and just want to be sure that they will work ok.

Many thanks

Julian

Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow