Review canon powershot sx 60 hs, great for cyclists!

Started Mar 26, 2017 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jebo1 Regular Member • Posts: 255
Review canon powershot sx 60 hs, great for cyclists!

I have been using a powershot sx 60 hs next to my rebel sl1 for some times and wanted to give my review. I cycle a lot and then the powershot is a great camera to carry. A dslr is too heavy and I see a lot of different objects which I think are interesting. First I wanted to use it foremost as camera for birds and wildlife. However more and more it has become the one and only camera which I use. The reasons therefore are:

- having all the lenses in one camera. This is especially important for me since I might see a bird or deer at one time and make a picture of a landscape or farmhouse 5 minutes later and then a flower and so on. It is the first camera that doesnot limit your creativity.

- It has an excellent Electronic Viewfinder which let's you see the picture how it is going to be. Once I got used to it I like this more then the optical viewfinder of the dslr.

- It has great colours even better than the rebel sl1 thanks to the digic 6. Colours are an important aspect of a picture.

- It is very well made in Japan! The built quality is far better than the nikon p900. It's manufactured seriously with all kind of findings that improve the speed of using it. So you can turn it on by pusing just a little button on top of the camera instead of a switch.

When I started using the camera I was not all convinced over the quality because it has a small sensor. However when I changed the settings to superfine and the colours to vivid things improved a great deal.

Pictures are generally speaking of great quality only landscapes are sometimes a bit disappointing because of the lesser details compared to for example a rebel sl1. This remains however most of times unnoticed to outsiders.

Also you have to take care not to overexpose the highlights.

-

jebo1's gear list:jebo1's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D700 +1 more
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS
16 megapixels • 3 screen • 21 – 1365 mm (65×)
Announced: Sep 15, 2014
jebo1's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow