A best choice for 2nd camera as mate to the FZ1000?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
stevegep Regular Member • Posts: 143
Re: A best choice for 2nd camera as mate to the FZ1000?

BobT wrote:

Should one be wanting a 2 camera ensemble based around the FZ1000, what might you suggest, and why? I would think such a 2nd camera would avoid duplicating, as much as possible, many features of the FZ1000(ie. focal range, etc).

What do you see as needing to be considered in such a camera duo, and why would you recommend the one you did?

Such a question could be directed to anyone wishing to possibly reduce their over abundance of camera gear; such as getting rid of cumbersome SLR gear?

Well, for me, the choice was easy.  I already have a DSLR (Nikon D7000), but I wanted a camera to shoot birds in my neighborhood.  They are out of reach for my FZ1000, but not for my Nikon P900.  They both do well when the sun is out, though I prefer the image quality of the FZ1000.  But when I need the reach, the P900 is my go-to.  It's not heavy, but bulky, the image quality is quite good, and the image stabilization is insane.

Between the two, I rarely touch my DSLR, although my D7000 has its advantages.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow