Best affordable lens for landscape and cities D5500

Started Mar 4, 2016 | Questions thread
TN Args
TN Args Veteran Member • Posts: 5,064
Re: Best affordable lens for landscape and cities D5500

Kaso wrote:

Photographic Memory wrote:

M Morgan wrote:

Some of the New Mexico photos in this link are taken with the Nikon D40 and 18-55 kit lens. Don used to post on here some years ago many Southwest USA images using the D40 kit. The images were absolutely stunning.

If he can get these results with the 18-55 so can others. The problem with the 18-55 is its not expensive enough. If it cost $1000 everyone would love it.

http://abqstyle.com/albuquerque-photos-new-mexico/#more-4796

hecalso took tons of pics of New York City with the D60 and kit. They were jaw dropping.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D3300, 7100, D90. 18-55, 12-24, 55-200, 35, 50, 85, 60mm Macro, 24-85.
Canon S95 and S110

I used my 18-55mm AF-P kit lens yesterday for the first time properly yesterday. Was able to get pretty creative Macro shots and I shot the Night Sky (Orion) for my first time. It performs amazingly, I am quite sureprised!

Glad you're excited.

"Kit lens" doesn't mean "bad lens" in many instances -- rather, a bargain. It's just that certain people need something to step on in order to make them feel taller.

Several different sources say the AF-P is a big step up from its predecessor, optically. I hope they are right as I have a D5600 kit in the mail.

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow